[A/S] Shower water temp

We have an annoying situation in our shower.  To conserve water,
we have a shut-off valve on the shower head.  Our procedure is to
wet down, shut-off the water (except for the small dribble built
into the valve/shower head assembly), soap, turn on the water and
rinse.  It's amazing how little water this process consumes.

Now, the problem.  When we turn the water ON after soaping, it
comes on VERY HOT for a short period of time.  We have to be very
careful to avoid being burned.  Does anyone have an idea about how
to keep the water temp constant during our "soap" period?

Regards to all,
Jim
'97 Safari 25'
Ford F-250 4x4 CC V-10