[A/S] Brake wire check

Here is a problem I ran into with my brakes,

I recently replaced all my brakes because the wires on my magnets were
shot from the heat in the brake drum.

The wires looked pretty good on the outside of the drum but when I pulled
the drum off they were near failure on the inside (because that is where
the heat is).
The insulation was nearly burned all the way off and if that had happened
I would have lost my brakes and maybe the brake controller.

If your trailer has a few years on it I urge you to look at those wires.
I wrapped my new wires with some insulation on the inside when I replaced
the magnets to stave off a future problem.

Mike Kent
1972 International