Re: [A/S] Trailer connectors (was 'Early 60s trailer wiring')

Tuna,
  I thought about mounting a junction box on the tongue someplace, but
didn't do it. My favorite, which I use under the hood of the truck, is
from NAPA and is specifically made for the purpose, I think for use on
semi-trailers. It's well-sealed, with grommets and cable clamps
incorporated, and has 7 terminals, labeled with the appropiate colors.
Maybe next time I replace an umbilical cord, I'll use that setup.

My buddy tipped me on his method of keeping the cord out of the hitch
and making sure it doesn't snag and pull the plug out: He uses a "hitch
pin" through the safety pin hole in the coupler. The thing is a 1/4" pin
with a swivel bail that hooks over the free end of the pin. Found one at
my local H/W store. You put the pin through the hole in the hitch, lay
the cable on top, then swing the bail over and hook it.

                             <<Jim>>