[A/S] plumbing and locks - first time airstream owner...

Well, I am a new owner of an '76 31' Airstream Sovereign
International. Get this - I got it for $1. Just had to take it as is
and get it off a seasonal site. Bought 4 new tires and backed up to
it and hauled it out. Most lights, brakes, and electric jack all
worked even though the camper sat for over 10 years.

Anyway, I have finally cleaned it out and found some issues. First,
the previous owner could not find the key for the access doors. It
does not seem to be the same key as the front door. I had a friend
(ex-locksmith) open the doors for me but I took the locks to another
locksmith and they cannot seem to get a key to work in them. Can you
buy replacements for these - I searched online and found 1 message
somewhere saying $549 per lock - that can't be right!

Next I have a number of plumbing leaks due to failed winter storage
one year. I found them all but I took the copper pipe into a Home
Depot and could not find any fittings that would fit this pipe???
1/2" is the closest but the pipe won't fit into the fittings. I also
looked into flare nuts but they won't fit either. I am really stuck
if I can't fix these 2 issues soon b/c I am supposed to go camping
soon!
Please help! - Look forward to meeting fellow Airstream owners.
I am just beginning to learn about how popular these are and hope to
meet some of you on the road some day.
Dave