[A/S] Jordan Ultima 2020 brake controller

         I ran into a couple from Ontario at Top O' Georgia last week, and
discussed the Jordan Ultima 2020 brake controller with them.  They  are on
their third (or fourth; not sure) unit.  It seems that their first ones
were dealer installed (this may be irrelevant) and in them the internal
switch failed, once while on the interstate, resulting in no brakes on the
trailer.  The last unit was shipped directly from Jordan (the
owner/inventor) to them, and installed  and adjusted with much personal
assistance from him.  It has worked without problem since.  This is the
first problem I have ever heard about regarding this controller (which I
have on my '99 Suburban).
         I am wondering if anyone else has had any kind of problem with the
2020.  I have not, so far, on the road.  However, my Suburban had the
equalizer valve, pads and shoes replaced as part of a service bulletin from
Chevrolet; this changed the pedal position of the brakes, and made the
module hang loose.  I have partially fixed this, but found that attempting
to pull the cable through the module to shorten it left the ammeter reading
0.1 amps, i.e., it did not turn off.  I backed off on the shortening, and
it turned off ok, but the module now is 3/4"-1" from the bracket when the
pedal is not depressed.  I suspect the changed brake pedal means that the
the cable sheath is now too long.  I plan to try again when we go back to
ToG prior to a trip to Myrtle Beach for the Region 3 rally.  Any advice
would be appreciated.  If I cannot get it adjusted correctly, I'll just
re-install my old Tekonsha Sentinel controller and hope for the best.

- Dick
(5368)