[A/S] Re: suburban 1500

   Hello Tom, I do not know were you live or what paart of the
country you will be towing in. This can be a big part of your
discision. We live in Ohio and I tow a 31 footer with a 95 G-20 chevy
van with a 350 and 3.73 rearend  and I also have a 96 Suburban 1500
with a 350 and a 373 rearend. I have towed to Flordia and
back ,Mississippi and back, Texas and back and all round here and
have had know trouble. I can tow at any speed I want to, but chose to
tow a 60, because it is a comfortable speed to tow at and the fuel
mileage is better. As far as power, I never felt this setup was under
powered. I run up and down hills and never brake stride. The thing
you have to consider is where you will be towing. Also no matter what
you buy, find out what the proper hitch height  for your trailer and
set the hitch up accordingly. I feel this is why most people have
problems towing and have a sway problem. I towed our Airstream home
yesterday from Cincinnatti in winds gusting to 50 mile and hour from
the west and I was going north. I was blown around worst without the
the trailer than I was with it. In fact it, it did great. I towed it
back with the Suburban. When you are able to tow with one hand on the
wheel and be relaxed while doing so, you have a good hitch setup. I
have been towing since 1975 and have done all of it with a half ton
truck, but to each his own. I considered a Hensley also, but I got to
thinking if they are not set up right they won't work right either.
Set your hitch up right and you won't have any trouble. This is my
two cents worth and my experiences. Richard in Ohio