[A/S] Expert Advice

Many of you already know that Charlie Burke is an expert on Airstream
service and repair.  I want to let everyone know about his expertise.

I was having a problem last fall with my Excella.  When the black water tank
filled for about 2 days I had a terrible stench in the trailer.  It was so
bad that one time my wife slept in the truck!

I contacted Charlie about it.  He called me after work and said to check the
vent pipe where it enters the tank.  Sometimes they are cut a little short
and the weight of contents will pull the tank down enough to lose the seal.
Also check the rubber flange or gasket where the pipe enters the tank.
Remember, this was on the phone, he had not seen the coach.

I had my dealer in St. Louis work on it.  They dropped both tanks, replace
the flanges, which were splitting, and reinstalled tanks.  While they were
working on it they rebuilt the dump valves that were leaking a little.  I
also had the toilet riser installed to help the bad knees.

So, thanks a lot Charlie, your diagnosis was correct!
Don