Re: [A/S] Dangers of driving cross country . . . alone

Hi Emily,

The short answer is no, I never feel unsafe traveling alone. I feel much
safer in my trailer than I do in a house... a house with a basement, and lots
of windows on rooms where I can't see what's happening. In the trailer I
would know if anyone is breaking in.

I do stay in private campgrounds almost always. (If not at friend's)

I think private campgrounds have much more security than public ones.  Public
being state parks for example.  At private campgrounds you have owners who
are there and keep watch.

I did have an incident with a harmless teenage boy in Washington at a state
park..... by the time it was over I reckon he was more scared than I was, I
dare say he'll probably be in therapy for years. (c:

I don't see why driving across country is any more dangerous than driving to
the nearest shopping center. I do get asked alot if I'm scared..

A lot of it is having a certain savvy about situations.

You'll have a blast... stick to private campgrounds... KOAs for example.

Hunter