[A/S] Re: New to the list

Gerald:

Congractulation, sounds like you found a "winner".
I am from the "flat land" to the east of Alberta, belong to the Wally
Byam and Vintage Airstream Clubs and know quite a few of the Wally
Byam members from Edmonton.

I have a 1959 -24' Tradewind International which is about 3800# dry
weight empty.  Your dry weight is likely more like a maximum of
5000#, but don't take a chance weigh it at your first opportunity.
It is very easy to under estimate what the weight of every everything
you put in the trailer is.  You can save travel weight by traveling
with your fresh water tanks at minimum.

Hitches:
Stabalizer bars and equalizers are not the same thing.   Likely your
trailer came with equalizers and not stabalizers.   You can have
equalizers without stabalizers but not stabalizers without equalizers.

The make of the receiver has to be the same as the equalizer.  Reese
is one of the most common, the bars are a spring steel and the ends
are cast and held on by a small bolt.  There are several makes that
use the round bar style of equalizers.
You should have a Class 4 hitch as the class 3 is only UP TO 5000#

Would appreciate a return email.

Lauren