[A/S] New to the list

Hello All

I just bought a '74 26ft Argosy for $3000.00 Cdn.  I grew up with
Airstreams so I'm familiar with the build quality and ease of towing.
My father and I checked it out from stem to stern and there are no
leaks, bent frame, sagging bath room or soft spots in the floor.
Basically I lucked out, but knowing a good deal when I see one I
couldn't turn it down.  The only problem I noticed is the rear panel
above the rear bumper.  The rivots are rusted out of the bottom
panel.  The panel its self seems secure so I'm going to remove the
surface rust, spray the inside of the panel with a stop rust solution
and then I'm covering the bottom strip with a red reflective tape.  I
checked the torsion bars and they're sloping down.  I might replace
the shocks as they look old, but I still have to give it a thorough
going over.  It's the centre twin bunk model.  I forgot how much
storage room these units have. Everything inside works. There's even
a propane light by the kitchen.

My truck does not have a trailer hitch, but will be getting one
shortly.  Fortunately I can keep the trailer on the consignment lot
until the end of May no charge.  I was not expecting to find a
trailer so soon.  Anyway, the trailer came with stabilizer bars (I'm
assuming this is the same as an equalizer?), but no receiver.  Can I
match the stabilizer bars to a receiver?  Is one hitch better than
another?  Now weight.  I've found a Class III hitch (American made,
but I can't remember the name) for $102.99 with a 5000 lb rating.
I'm not sure of the weight of the Argosy. 8200 lbs?? Will this hitch
be sufficient? What's the 5000 lb rating refering to?

I have many more questions, but I will save them for other postings.
As I becoming familiar with the new world of towing my questions
should decrease.  I look foward to any assistance and\or advise.  Who
on the list is Canadian? I live in Edmonton, Alberta.