Re: [A/S] Tow Vehicle, Long Wheel Base

I have a 92 dodge Cummins standard cab and in todays world it is a pain to
drive around town I wonder about the people with the 2 block long trucks. I
love the power towing but I wonder how I got along moving and pulling heavy
objects with my 1947 K2 IHC pickup it had a little flat head 6cyl engine and
more than once I have pulled 3tons of weight through the hills of PA with it.
this was before interstates and throads were mostly 2 lane. I had to row it
up hills with the gearshift lever. but it got there. funny it but it used
more fuel than the big dodge.I still miss the crank out windshield(any one
rember them) It was simple to work on eavery thing straight forward A
creasent wrench , a pair of vicegrips and a screwdriver would handel most of
the maintance. life was so much simpler than and we had time for each other
progress is wonderful but is it worth the price???we cant go home again can
we?
Jim smith