Re: Fw: [A/S] Towing with 1/2 ton 5.8 liter engine Ford

Hi Jim,
I installed a Gear Vendors. It is electric over hydraulic shift. I
have a C-6 three speed, so this gives me six forward and 2 reverse
(GREAT for backing up hill). I dont have the ratios with me... when
we started full timing, we packed our "stuff". BUT... the ratios work
out to almost a perfect "split" between each gear. Go to their WEB
site... they have alot of answers. http://www.gearvendors.com/
On a C-6, the over drive bolts to the rear output shaft, replacing
the "tail shaft". I believe the total cost for purchase, then install
by a local shop was about $1900.00... drive away. I know I had
budgeted $2000 and we used the change for motel and eats for 4 days.
By the way... the correct unit had to be made to order because there
is a difference in C-6 transmissions before/after 1973.  The price
stayed the same.
Hope this helps.
Bob  :)    '66 TradeWind   '72  F-250