[A/S] Re: Tow car

How much does your Sovereign weight?  I have a 1983 Excella 31 which
weights dry 4,950 and wet 7,300.  Probably weighs around 6,000-6,500
as we are campers, so it is not very full of stuff.

WE have a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with a 302 V8, 3.73 rear axle.
Also have a Hensley hitch installed in the Airstream.  THe
Mountaineer is rated to tow 6,700 lbs.  With the Hensley, which
eliminates 90% of any sway, the combination works very well.  I can
tow at 75 safely, although I wont go over 65 normally when towing.

With a Hensley and a powerful older car I think you will be OK.  Dont
be afraid to improve the suspension ( I added air shocks to the
rear), and make sure you have professionally installed cooling
radiators for the transmission.

CHeck your weight.

M. Ferro