Re: [A/S] How old is old ?

I had a similar situation with an "older" VW microbus.  It was a
'64 and had recently been refurbished when in '76 some pranksters
messed with the engine wiring and the unit caught fire.  My
insurance carrier (State Farm) set a value that did not reflect
the recent work.  I protested and asked for a further review,
supported with photos, etc.  They raised their settlement offer
about 40%.  This was still somewhat below what I thought it would
cost to replace, but I took it.  Figured I had about as good a
deal as I could get.  Of course, that VW with value in the $1800
range is an order of magnitude less expensive than a refurbished
A/S (which I could envision at $18,000).  Still, you might try an
appeal to higher levels in the appraisal group at GEICO.  Good
Luck!
Jim
'97 Safari 25'