Re: [A/S] 30' A/S for fulltiming

Hi Joe,

Insufficient data for a reply. Let's start with two of the simplest ideas:

- Will you be an "Explorer" or a "Settler"? It makes a whale of a
difference. If Explorer, will the North American continent be your back
yard? If Settler, have you picked out your 50' X 100' piece of land (with a
well, septic tank and utility pole)?

- What are your goals? Camp in every National Park Campground in the USA
(400 of them)? Every COE (1,000 of them)? Every piece of BLM land you can
locate (still counting)? All the Bluegrass Festivals across the nation? Camp
in every state in the country of Mexico, every province in Canada, every
state in the USA? Follow the Hot Air Balloon competition around the country?
Harass all your relatives while parked in their back yard? Take pictures of
yourselves in front of all the state capitals? Find all the Airstream bone
yards around the country? Never use a pull through site - always look for
back-in sites on your blind side? Live a luxurious lifestyle on $1,000 a
month? Buy fresh roses for your honey on the 14th of every month? Park in
the warmest place you can find every January - where there are hot springs
within walking distance and the water is changed three times a day? Take
photographs of Alaskan Eagles with your digital camera?

You can see where this is leading? Bottom line = buy the rig that will
enable you to successfully accomplish your goals.

In my opinion, the answer to your question isn't about a 5W or TT for full
timing.

Full timing is about having the freedom to satisfy your hopes and dreams.

I'm not trying to be a PIA, but I've seen many people buy RVs unrelated to
accomplishing their goals - and in the process spending a sizable piece of
change purchasing a whole lot of depreciation they'll never recoup and
they'll never have for spending on their dreams.

Once your hopes and dreams are written down (and agreed upon by both of
you), then (and not before) is the time to start sifting and sorting among
the various RV options. It's a lot like you taught your kids when you were
teaching them how to solve problems: attention to detail, organization and
planning, thought before action, grouping and chunking data, etc., etc.

This is only my opinion. Use it or lose it (delete key) as the saying goes .

Terry

mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net

1977 31' Airstream Excella 500

1978 Ford Chateau E-250 Van