Re: [A/S] E-mail while traveling

While satellite access to the Internet is available, it isn't inexpensive.
Earthlink offers 2-way satellite access that doesn't require a landline,
it's around $70 a month for service, and about $650 for the equipment,
nearly $300 for installation.  If you want to have satellite TV too, that's
even more cost. The dish is not presently available in an RV version, i.e.
it won't fold down.

14,400 isn't bad, since users typically do flash sessions for e-mail.  If
you need to surf the net, it's best to use a landline at an RV park.

When I'm traveling I'd prefer to see the sights than sit in the trailer and
surf the net.

How could you justify the satellite cost, unless you are a full-timer? I'm
not sure you can move the satellite PC receiver around like you can regular
TV dishes.

Roger

Roger Hightower
WBCCI 4165, VAC, TCT