[A/S] Locks and hasps (was broken lock)

"" I would never feel safe in a trailer at night with a hasp on the
door, too easy for a prankster to put a nail, branch or something in
the hasp. This could spell disaster.""

The answer to this is as I have done with a Holiday Rambler that I
have perma-parked at the lake.  I installed two hasps and one lock
bar on the trailer.  When the bar is over the hasp on the door, with
a padlock, it is securely locked.  When we are there, the bar is the
other way over the other hasp, and the padlock locks it securely out
of the way.  It is not possible to secure the door from outside with
the lock bar locked open in this way.  I have a bit of paranoia and
that is why I did this.  One must realize tho that paranoia is not
necessarily a bad thing, as 'Just because one is paranoid does not
mean that there ISN'T somebody trying to get one.'

Tom