Re: [A/S] Floor Idea.

Get rot is great if you want to spend a big bunch of money for a brand name
and a lot of hype. If your floor is not too bad around the edges a good
pinitrating epoxy on the rotten spots should do yhe trick. On the (Silver
Abaltross) I popred pinitrating epoxy all around the edges so that it would
seep under the channel and prevent further rot in the future. I raised the
sideof the trailer so the resen would tend to work its way under the channel
I also tilted the trailer fore and aft so ihe ends absorbed the resin. In my
case I removed the tile and scrubed the glue off with mineral sperits. Coated
the intire floor with epoxy laminatinf resin to seal it off so that any water
spills inside would not soak into the floor.If you intend to place thin
plywood over the extisting floor I strongly suggest you carefully fit the ply
ans than lay a 3/4oz fiberglass matt down on the floor and wet it out with
epoxy resin to bond the ply to the existing floor.
Epoxy products are relitive cheep when you take into conceration what they
will do for you. they make repairs and construction possable today that only
a few years ago could not have been done.
I f you are lookinf for a resonable cost supplyer drop me a line and I will
try to help you . Rember that most epoxys are made by 2 major chemical cos.
than shipped out in bulk and repackaged and reformilated  for the buying
public.
Jim Smith
1992 Tradewind (The Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel