[A/S] Powdercoating

Glad you all liked the stove top!

The cover that has the holes for the burners to protrude from was
done with a heat resistant pre-coat before the topcoat was put on. My
powdercoater had done this type of work before and knew just what to
do.

As others have mentioned, powdercoating is used on engine parts that
are subject to extreme temperatures. Color matching can be done to
any flavor you want. It is however more expensive that way. They also
have textured finishes. You would be amazed at all the possibilities.
When I get to working on the outside of the trailer, I am going to
have many of the removable metal and aluminum parts powdercoated in
the anodized silver paint. It matches the Airstream exterior
perfectly.

These two links are from my companies web site. They are just RAL
colors. Standard in the industry. The other links are to a few of the
major powdercoat mfgr's in the US. They offer free color charts, but
you can get most of those from your local powdercoater.

http://www.americanprod.com/ral1.jpg
http://www.americanprod.com/ral2.jpg

http://www.spraylat.com/products/powder/pcHOME.html
http://www.mortonpowder.com/mpc/index.htm