RE: [A/S] Door frame vs. bridge seams

Hi Tom,

My speculation comes not so much from the tension but uneven tension, In
my situation the chain on one side of the trailer was connected
differently from the other side of the trailer frame (both sides at 2
links, but on slightly different locations on the frame), thus I am
assuming more pull on one side of the frame than the other.

A service manager we spoke with also told us that airstreams are not
rigid as most trailers i.e. more flex extended life (may be a sales
pitch), but does make some since in that you can't level your coach from
parts of the frame without causing damage.

  I have varied from 2-3 links dropped and just found better operation
with 2.  In our Airstream  manual their is a procedure to determine ball
height, you may want to check it or the Equalizer instruction.

jerry (Take this for what its worth, I'm also a CPA)