Re: [A/S] solar panels - Not this trip

Mark,

A three to four day trip without any solar panels whatsoever can be done
using 3-4 batteries - if you are conservative.  We use to do it that way in
the 50s before I got hooked on solar panels.  Those were the days when I
knew everything, no one could tell me anything and stay out of my way while
I'm taking decisive action.

My system included plunking four batteries in the trunk before we left for
the boonies. I would rotate the trailer battery out at the first sign of dim
lights at night and replace it with a trunk battery.  When we returned home,
the batteries were recharged and put back in their respective cars for
continued regular use.

Not rocket science, but it worked. Maybe each person in your group of
friends could contribute one battery toward the experiment.  Unless, of
course, you already have the batteries. Or, maybe you  have no intention of
being conservative with electricity.  <grin>

Food for thought,

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net