Re: [A/S] A/S QC

J.L., it sounds like you could offer yourself as a sales training consultant
to Airstream. I didn't need a lot of convincing, however, that Airstream
builds a good product. The floor damage in my trailer resulted from neglect.
There were water leaks which were not fixed over a long period of time.
Besides repairing the soft spots under a couple of windows and in front of
the door, all the bulkheads and cabinet doors had water streaks and a
greater or lesser degree of delamination. I reglued the veneer panels that
could be saved and used the ones that couldn't as patterns to make new ones
to match the originals including the original finish. The galley counter top
had turned back into saw dust and had to be replaced and the stove top and
cover were too rusty to save but I was able to polish the rust out of the
kitchen sink but not the pits.

Now that I have stopped the leaks (except for in intermittent problem with
the back window still to be figured out and fixed), I figure my Tradewind is
good for another 34 years if I take proper care of it.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind