Re: [A/S] OPD Propane Cylinder Conversion

Jim,
 You're right about hammering on the valve. It takes some experience to
know how much is "enough" and how much is "too much" (Oops!). A small
hammer, perhaps 8 oz., would probably be what I'd start with; you can
always go bigger, and that's much easier and cheaper than repairing one
of those "Oops" jobs.

Like electricity, propane can be very dangerous, but both can be
approached with care and common sense and repaired safely by "less than
experts". All too often, those "experts" really aren't. The key is to
take your time and ask for help when necessary.

Both subjects require similar measures: you need to check for leaks and
correct any you find. The conductors (wiring or tubing) must be SECURED
so it can't vibrate and shake loose.

The best treatise that I've seen on W.D. hitches is at
http://www.can-am-rv.com

                                          <<Jim>>