Re: [A/S] Furnace and Battery

Jack,
 What problem(s) are you experiencing?

I use a DVM to check:

Battery Voltage; should be about 12.6 for a fully-charged battery that's
rested for 10-12 hours.

Voltage at an appliance that's not working. It'll be less than 12.6
volts if the appliance is drawing any current (due to voltage drop in
the wiring), but should be 12 volts or more in any event.

Current draw of individual appliances or lights, using the 10-amp scale,
and being very careful to have only the ONE appliance active. This
exercise is useful to calculate how long you can boondock on a
fully-charged battery.

Resistance of a light bulb that I suspect is burned out. Same with a
fuse.

Once again, I'll recommend that you get copies of both Livingston's "RV
Maintenance and Repair" and Barre's "Managing 12 Volts". They have both
general information about batteries, converters, etc., but also specific
stuff on various RV appliances. Worth every penny. If you're unfamiliar
with use of a DVM, I think that Radio Shack has a booklet on its usage.

                                    <<Jim>>