Re: [A/S] F250 Super Duty P.S. Diesel oil filter question

Thanks for the reply Jim,

I made it to the Dealership today a day late as I tightened the filter as
far as it would go - 1 full turn.  Any more and I'd have crushed the filter.
The shop guy said "as tight as it would go - at least 1-1/2 turn" !
  Otherwise, expect a leak around the seal.  I hate oil dripping from any
vehicle.  Didn't see any oil drips when I got under the F250 to add another
1/4 turn.  Possibly I didn't feel the contact of the "O" ring.  Do you think
it's necessary to prefill the filter?

I know that this is out of your area, but there's an auction of construction
equipment in Lumberton, NC on Dec., 27 - about 30 miles South of
Fayetteville International Airport.  Just mentioning this as a source for
pullers that might be inexpensive, yet do the job.  1989 Ford Super Duty
diesel with 5th wheel, 2000 Ford Excursion, 86 F250 diesel pickup, and other
gas units.  Don't know what they go for, but it's another source to look
into - construction equipment auctions.

Do you think the DirecTV users are hip enough to get a second receiver and
install it in their bedroom?  Putting it in the trailer would require full
fees! :)

Haven't got the refrigerator hooked up yet, just got it set in place to
think about.  It's a bit thicker than I would like and almost demands that I
get it about 6 inches off the floor.  Maybe high enough to install an
accumulator tank for the water system.

The Safari is on  hold for a while - maybe over the winter!

                                                '69 Safari, Joy