Re: [A/S] SAT TV

With the DISH system, you do not have to ever connect it to a phone line.
If you run up extra charges by watching some pay TV event, it will allow a
certain (unknown) amount before it complains. I am not sure just how it
acts to "complain", because I haven't been there. I have had DISH since
spring of 1997 - never a phone line, never a pay TV event..

My son-in-law has the DISH setup at his home for maybe 3 years and has
never connected the phone line. He has watched several pay TV events and
now when he tries to watch another it will not let him, but it keeps on
working fine otherwise.

BTW, owning a RV gives us special privileges - we can get the national
feeds for ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. You have to ask for it and may have to show
them a copy of your RV registration to get it. I get both East as well as
West coast feeds plus the satellite feed of PBS all for about $100 per year
extra. Pretty nice to be able to catch a program later from the West coast
feed if I missed it during the regular East coast feed time on my cable.

Also, we will ALL probably wind up being DISH subscribers - Direct TV is in
the process of being purchased by DISH right now.

Jerry Flanders  #4404