[A/S] Re: QUESTION??? What do you think of Synthetic Oil in our tow vehic...

A lot of the people on the Suburban BB I am on say, the important
thing is to change your oil when the manufacture says too. The ones
that use synthetics say it holds up better under very hot driving
conditions, plus adheres to the cylinder walls better, that helps
when starting your engine cold. The Synthetic really helps in the
transmission because it disapates the heat better & people that have
trans temp gauges claim 15/20 degree's lower temps. I switched to
synthetic in my engine at 15,000 miles. I still have regular oil in
the trans. I buy my Mobil 1 synthetic eng oil at Walmart for about
$4.00 a qt. Most of the time I have Walmart change the oil. I stay
there & watch them to be sure they do it right. It cost just a little
more then buying the oil & filter to do it yourself.

Jim W
SF CA area.
99GMC Suburban 454/4.10
77/31' A/S