Re: [A/S] Proper axle ratio

Tom,
I am with Jerry on the spare tank for your truck.
My truck has two tanks that hold 32 gallons and in my recent trip across
the country I almost ran out of gas a few times late at night when all
the pumps were closed.
If you do not have to travel across great distances late at night you
might not need the extra fuel.
My main concern was the badlands through New Mexico and Arizona where
stations are few and far between.
I bought and mounted a military five gallon tank in my bed for a spare on
the way back from California mainly for the peace of mind and it served
well for that.
I did modify the factory mount for the can as it looked too flimsy for
me. I got the mount at a Pep Boys and it is the kind that the can sits on
and a strap went around the top of the can (like the standard military
mount).
Mike Kent