Re: [A/S] QUESTION??? What do you think of Synthetic Oil in our tow vehicle?

I will tell you what I know about synthetic fluids,
I use them wherever I can in a vehicle. They don't break down like
regular oil when they hit a hot spot in your engine block(there are many
in most engines).They also clean out the deposits that gasoline
combustion leaves behind much better than castor based oil does.
if you ever rebuild a engine that uses regular oil you will not use
anything but synthetic.
 To highlight this, I changed the rear end lube in my truck last week and
took a good look at the wear surfaces on the ring and pinion gear only to
find that after 100,000 miles on Mobil One there was no wear visible.
Mike Kent