[A/S] I DID IT

  Hello to all you smart airstream people
well I did it, after one year of looking I own one- a beautiful 1974 29'land
yacht center bath full rear. IM so happy my airstream dream came true I could
spit, now I have my own humming univolt and foggy vista views.
  I originally wanted an 80's excela none to be had here in New Jersey, I
then went to look at every airstream I could find 4 sale (checked the
computer every day) with in one hundred miles, a total of three, then two
week's ago I bought my baby. Thanks to all of you veterans i knew exactly
what to look for, I checked it out for 3 hours

Bad points
1-wet spot in rear floor whole in the front from leaky windows
2-missing front sofa, replaced by 2 recliners (was planning to replace the
a/s sofa in what ever i bought)
3-dryied out bald tires-replaced $ 400 for new ones
4-missing &broken  cheesy plastic tambour doors (will replace with wood
tambour)
5 -dried out gaskets & layers of sloppy clear seal caulk
6 -At time of sale unknown condition of running lights, brakes,
wheelberings(hired a transportation company to move the a/s they reported
that every thing was working and in good condition)
7-awning fabric in good condition but missing an end cap u got to roll it up
by hand
 , hope i can fix it

good points
1-the price
2-flawless skin not a scratch or dent, clear coat removed
3 -3 yrs old a/c 15,000btu
4 -original fride,furnace, water heater, stove, univolt  lights& fans all
work great,
5 -tanks all leak free, water pump works
6- original owners&service manuals also original keys
7- 5 foggy vista views & a partridge in a pair tree

One question I have is on the out side it says, international, sovereign and
land yacht -hummm so what is it?
                          All in all vary happy with it, wish me luck
                            Tom urban