Re: [A/S] Thinking about summer and A/C

Hi Dave,

I'm perfectly comfortable with the AC on the roof of my Safari, but I can
understand your feeling that it detracts from the slip stream shape of an
Airstream.  However, you do have two vents on the roof that might be
substantial in size.  The one over the range and the  refrigerator vent.
Just thinking out loud, a small window AC might be installed to use the
refrigerator breeze way.  Just needs a baffle to bring the air into the AC
and then back out the stack.  It would super cool the refrigerator fins,
give you cool air, and the new units are incredibly light as compared to old
units.  My Dad's 20 year old 5K BTU weighed about 150 pounds.  The
replacement weighed about 50 pounds.  Besides, the new units are really
quiet.

IMHO, this is feasible if you have theca 10 X 10 inch screened vent in the
floor under the refrigerator.  The area over the refrigerator isn't all that
usable anyway.  Most likely there would be enough room over the air
conditioner for a good sized cabinet or shelf.

Well, you asked .  .  .  :)

                                       '69 Safari, Joy