[A/S] Thinking about summer and A/C

I want to retrofit my 67 Caravel with airconditioning but don't want
to go the roof top route.  My first idea was to place one of those
spiffy portable airconditioners in one of my wardrobes and vent it
through the sewer stack.  I have yet to find one narrow enough, close
but not yet.  My next thought is to place a small conventional unit
under my front curb side bunk.  I found a marine unit designed for
under the seat usage, but it requires sea water for operation. I
would like your help and thoughts on finding the words smallest a/c
unit and any solutions/ideas in general.

Thank you in advance, Your brother in aluminum,

Dave