Re: [A/S] Thin Blue Line

I replaced all the blue bumper strips on my 74 International. It was all
dried out and cracked and I simple ran a screw driver along under the
edge of it and it chipped out and flew in a gazzillion directions.
Carefully cleaned out the remaining bits and pieces so the channel was
clean and then installed new flexible striping. The striping was readily
available at my A/S dealer (CanAm). I found the best way to install it
was to start at the one end of the run and put the bottom edge in the
bottom track and the use my thumbnail to push the top edge into the top
of therail. On a warmer day, it is very flexible and goes right in as
you roll it along. I had little aluminum clamps that were in the ends
secured by a rivet. I saved the little clamps by drilling out the rivet
and then reinstalling new rivets in the end.
The only problem I've had is that in the cold weather, the striping
contracts and pulls out at the ends and has to be periodically
reinstalled.
Looks verry niiice when done.