Re: [A/S] Brake Controller

Sam,
I would probably agree with Greg.  I know my
controller is triggered by the voltage that comes
through the switch which opens and closes by
depression of the brake pedal.  Both my 91 Chevy Astro
van and current 99 Chevy Express tow vehicles use this
wire as the connect point.  Unless your controler
doesn't call out for this type of wiring, I would
think that someone screwed up at your dealership.  I
doubt your GMC would have been different.

I think the weak point of my dealership is the tow
vehicle wiring and hitch hardware.  The fellow who
bought my Hi-Lo went to my A/S dealer (who also sells
Hi-Lo's) to wire up his truck.  He called me when he
heard a strange buzzing when he plugged in the
trailer.  I found that the dealer had wired the
Bargeman receptical on the trunk incorrectly.

On my side the dealer installed my old snap up
brackets for my Reese hitch to my new A/S.  He failed
to tighten one of the snap up brackets securely to the
trailer frame and when I got home I found that the
bracket had slipped on the A/S frame and had bent.
Thankfully it was still barely holding when I got
home.

Jack