Re: [A/S] New Hensley Hitch

I installed my Hensley in a camp site near Tampa, FL. I had driven down
from Wilmington, NC, the day before with the new hitch in the back of
the truck. The only problem I had in putting mine on my 34' Limited was
when it came to installing the "U" bolts that hole the spring jack
mounting plates on the "A" frame. The 25" placement put the "U" bolts at
p point that required drilling holes through the angle iron that holds
the LPG bottles. I only took my cordless drill, because I thought all
the drilling I needed to do was two small holes for the two bolts that
keep these brackets from sliding on the "A" frame. I spent about an hour
and used up both of my batteries on the drill on two holes. I finally
went to the campground maintenance shed and borrowed a 1/2" drill and
did the last two holes in 2 minutes. The rest of the job was very
straight forward. I went across the street to a K Mart parking lot and
did the final setup on the two bars that sets the trailer straight
behind the tow vehicle. I had some trouble getting this to come out
correct by pulling the trailer then stopping in a straight line then
adjust for the error I was getting. I found out if I used the trailer
brakes to stop in a straight line instead of the truck brakes it worked
the first time dead on. I have not had to touch the hitch again in
almost 20, 000 miles of towing except for normal greasing and checking
to see if all is well. Oh, I did have one of the spring bars drop out
when I unhooked about the second time I towed the trailer. I had been
toooo careful not to get the ball end bolts to tight on instillation,
and didn't get one of them tight enough.