Re: [A/S] painting an airstream

The shop I work in we paint rather than polish older
coaches, we are able to more closely duplicate the
original aluminum finish this way, and provide an
extremely durable exterior. We use ployureathane
coatings, giving a finish that only has to be waxed
once a year, remains somewhat flexible and lasts as
long as automotive coatings. Polishing on the other
hand is an ongoing maintanance issue, once you remove
all the protective coatings it has to be treated
regularly to prevent oxidation....also, Airstream has
NEVER produced a polished coach.
Greg Paulsen