Re: [A/S] Bruiser (mudflaps)

I'll anwer on list as you inadvertantly asked on list....and it concerns the
whole list.

My inclination is no..... I think there already exists such a thing.... in
every WBCCI directory.

Beyond that I don't know why anyone would need to know more.....

< But some sort of administrator would need to be put into place to monitor
the
 postings of "here I am"s to the map, so that no unworthy types get their
stuff in there.  Neither of us seem to have the time to handle this part of
the equation.>

There is no way to police it...... I don't like the idea of someone here
saying they are going to the International.... and some "evil doer" going to
the map to see where they live...... knowing their house will be empty.....
I'm not saying we have such undesireables on the list, but there's no way of
knowing., We have almost 800 subscribers... most of them never say a word.

 <The idea would be to supply a map, what resolution is open to discussion,
Major roads [Highway,freeway] perhaps, to the list community for plotting
their location, same process could be used for RV Parks, RV Parts, etc.  We
would have a position Form for users to fill out, and they would be able to
either click a location on a map (easiest) or enter their address and get a
location (harder in that the location address lookup would require a database
to drive it).  Could be a phase two operation as well. depending on
popularity.>

I can't imagine anyone having an RV and a computer not having some mapping
program... or they can go to www.maps.excite.com.

I appreciate the thought and the amount of work you would put into it, but
I'm not sure I understand the point....... what exactly will be learn?

I'm reading it, we will learn where people on the list live and where
campgrounds are?   Surely, that's not what you have in mind, so I'm not clear
what it means.

Hunter