[A/S] Trip to PA and NJ Ny trip aborted

Hi Jim Green and any one else intrested
On Sept 9th We took (The Silver Abaltross) out of the side yard and started
another shakedown trip. We made out 1st stop at Savanna GA where we delivered
some misc parts to Jim Greene(one persons junk is another mans treasure)
drove through some heavy raingitting there towing in rain is way down on my
list of favorite things to do. The next day we went to the South Of The
Border camp ground. parked next to a gentle man who was taking his 2000 34
excella back to a dealer in hopes they would do something about his fridge
which no longer cooled a water heater that no longer heated and the many
leaks his trailer had developed.So much foe quality control.
On the 11th we stoped south of DC for lunch (My raido was not working) We
were told what had happened we were shocked saddened and angered at the great
tragity that our country incountered.It was understooded that we could not
continue to the NY State rallyso we deverted to western PA. We spent the
night of the 11th at Summerset Pa and travled across the Alligany Mountains
Via Pa 219 to route I80 .A realy gorgious part of the country.We continued on
to Pennwood Park (an AS park)
spent the next week visiting mt wife's relitives(when you reach our age there
are not many left) From there we went to the PA State rally at Center hall.
had a nice time met several Vintage owners they are the nicest people any one
could meet.
Back to Pennwood Park for 2 weeks we watched the leaves reach there autom
glory
Pennwood hosted ta unit rally and we were invited to attend once again we had
a nice time. we also attended the aurom leaf festivke in Clarian Pa. and the
Apple Fest the next weel in Franklin Pa. vesited the American Legion Post in
Franklin where I was commander in 1959 met several members that were there
than I was shocked to see how much my old friends had aged in my absence.
Frome there we went to the Cape May NJ Victourian Days rally. Cape May is a
very intersting place to visit. My wife finally fufilled one of her lifetime
desires . she finally got to go up in a light house. I have heard  about this
for all of our 54years of marrage and noy at 78 years she has done it.
Our trip home was un inventful crossed on the Cape May to Louis Farry $43.00
and the bridge tunnel to Norkfolk VA $18.00
One thing that I have given a lot of thought is that I really believe that
Perhaps there should be more rallys for the vintage trailers I found in many
cases that weas little in common between the vintage owners and the rest. we
could descuss the provlems and joys of restoring with each other and also
when my little traoler was squeezed between a motor home as large as a buss
and a34 ft late modle. thailer ilooked out of place.One owner told me that he
was able to afford a new trailer and tow vechile.
I also believe that the vintage club skould be open to other make vintage
trailers
There are some real classic ones out thetre Sparton,Streamliner,  Avaon, and
Bolens. to name a few why not make the Vintage truely vintage We can still
belong to theWBCCI. Also it seems that the Vac Members are younger groupe
that is where I want to be eaven i am 74 going on 16.
Just a senile old man's thought
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummings Diesel