Re: [A/S] Hot and cold water....

Hi Barry,

Most likely this isn't what you want to hear, but I'm always suspicious when
one pipe bursts from freezing.  Unless there was some unusual situation, I'd
expect the basin pipes in the bathroom to be near burst also.  Other larger
pipes may be at the point of leaking shortly.  Where you can get to the
pipes, check the diameter so see if any are enlarged.  Swelled pipes might
have stress cracks that will fail from water pH and temperature changes.  My
opinion is that a pipe swelled is a pipe leak!  Might save you a huge
headache in the future by doing a lot checking rather than rube fixing.

Don't know about your canister, but it should be on the cold water as that's
what you would drink?  I read on the list that most A/Sers don't drink the
water from the tank unless it's purified - more likely, only drink bottled
water.  Leave the tank water for cooking, dish washing, bathing, etc.  The
hot water convention is typically on the left! :)

More than likely, your water pump may be damaged from the freeze that broke
the sink pipes.

                                                          '69 Safari, Joy