[A/S] Re: Hitching a Hensley/Lock up.

     Our first time was with the installer directing us, and was a
snap.  The second time took maybe a half hour, until I decided to
read the directions.  Since then, it's been a "snap"...well, at
least, fairly easy.
     The one exception was when the pin holding the spring jack on
broke, in Utah.  Called Phil, Sean, and anyone else I could find at
or near Hensley on Friday of Memorial Day weekend.  Got Phil (poor
guy - he was on a 24-hour stint at his firehouse; he was patient with
me, however), who explained that I could continue my trip with just
one springbar!  That time took a full 1-1/2 hours to hook up, but we
did it, proceeded on to Bryce Canyon, where on Wednesday, the new
parts arrived overnight express.
     Nothing like experience.  Jane does the driving when we hookup,
and I direct her (we do it that way, because I don't take directions
very well).  We found two things make it nearly a snap: (1) being
sure that when we park, the *absolute first* thing we do is loosen
the springbars to "loose and then a bit," as directed.  That lockes
the vertical angle at the correct angle to hook up again; (2) we got
the newer U-brackets, with the oval holes.  That allows just a bit
more vertical play, taking care of item #1 not being perfectly
executed.
     We've been very impressed with our Hensley and with their
service.  Plus, Phil and Sean have been wonderful, and patient.

- Dick
(5368)