[A/S] Re: A different hitch option

     I don't think *any* hitch would pass a 12"-18" drop into a
ditch, certainly not a standard Reese.  I *have* spoken to a number
of people who had bad experiences with a standard hitch when dropping
off a 6"-8" paving difference (the road was being re-paved, and he
was on the newly paved part and dropped over onto the old pavement);
one totaled his brand new trailer that way.  I've also spoken to a
couple who've had the experience of dropping over a paving difference
with a Hensley and had no trouble with it; of course that's a small
sample.  Those paving differences more typically run 4"-6", but can
be higher; and, you have to factor in the natural tendency to
exaggerate when relating the experiences.
     You won't get any testers. ;-)

- Dick
(5368)