Re: [A/S] Re: A different hitch option

Hi Dick,
I hate to keep defending my Hensley Arrow Hitch, but there seems to be a
large number of people out there that makes a full time "thing" out of
down grading or finding fault with a Hensley without having ever tried
one. I just finished a 14,000 mile trip that put me in 61 different
campgrounds or camping places in Canada, Alaska, and the lower US 48.
This trip supplied lots of opportunities to test the flexibility of my
hitch, and it came through with flying colors in every case. There was
one place in the Yukon that netted 3 broken spring bars on two other
brands of hitches, but all of us ( 5 ) with a Hensley had no problems.
You ask if anyone would care to test their Hensley hitch by dropping a
wheel off the road. I would gladly put my Hensley in any unlevel or
twisted uneven ground you will put any other style hitch you may have to
pull your trailer. This is based on first hand experience, and not hear
say or some third hand rumor I picked up at the auto store. I happen to
think the Hensley hitch is an excellent piece of equipment , that makes
towing a trailer a no threat deal under more adverse conditions than any
other hitch I have seen or used myself. I am sorry they don't give them
away, but I guess that isn't going to happen in the near future. That
leaves the door open for people that feel cheaper is always the way to
go, and will continue to search for a cheep hitch that will perform like
a Hensley. Search all you want, but the search doesn't have to include
constant low shots at the Hensley in order to play the game.
Now I have had my turn on the soap box for the passed 4 months.

Joe Scudder
A very happy Hensley Arrow owner