[A/S] Dump Tank Valve

Thanks to George, Jim and Wilkie with help on my question re soot on the
side of the trailer.  I'll get to that and fix the problem, I hope.

My next question is how do I replace the valves on the dump tanks?  I
realize it was my first time out, so I may be doing something very
wrong.  When I got settled in, I hooked up the drain to the pipe between
the valves and put the other end in a sewer fitting provided at the RV
Camp.  I made certain the valves were closed because I read you should
keep them closed and after a few days, drain the black water first and
then the gray water.

Well, I went out to drain the tanks and the pipe was full of liquid and
other stuff.  So, I lifted the pipe to force it to drain down the sewer.
 It did and rapidly filled up again.  So, I checked the valve handle and
it was still pushed in.  Eventually, I got the black water drained and
the gray water worked just like it should.  I opened the valve and the
water rushed out.

So, I think my black water valve doesn't work correctly.  How do I
change it?

Jerry
Elk Grove, CA (Near Sacramento, CA)
Gerald H. Kilbert