Re: [A/S] Levelers

Patti,
 I'm not too sure it's just Dometic refrigerators that have to be level,
I believe that any absorbtion-type fridge must be.

There's a bunch of stuff happening in all that piping in back and inside
of your fridge, lotsa fluid running around. And it's all done by
gravity. If it's off-level by a little bit, some of the stuff seperates
and kinda cakes up in the boiler. It's a cumulative thing; the first
time you run it off-level, your ice cream melts, the 10th time, you've
ruined it for good. (that's not exact, but you get the idea)

Running your fridge while on the road won't hurt it as long as you don't
stop for too long. I believe that I saw something on
http://www.rvmobile.com that 10-15 minutes operation off-level won't
hurt it (as in if you're stuck in traffic), but you don't want to exceed
20 minutes or so. That's if you're comfortable running with the propane
'on', many folks aren't.

If you do run with the propane and fridge 'on', don't forget to shut off
the burner before you approach the gas pumps!!! And wait until you're
well clear of them before relighting it.

                                           <<Jim>>