[A/S] Re: A different hitch option

Charlie, I agree with you 100% on the effectiveness of th Equal-I-Zer
hitch.

We recently purchased a 1998 28' Excella weighing 6750 lbs dry. My
dealer urged me to buy the Equal-I-Zer hitch rather than the other
hitch I was contemplating which was the more expensive Reese hitch
with the dual cam sway control. I had a Reese on a previously owned
32' Holiday Rambler and I occasionally had to deal with some slight
sway at times with that unit.

I took the advice and bought the Equal-I-Zer for our long wheelbase
Dodge Cummins 4WD pickup. Yesterday, we were returing from our last
camping trip of the season traveling eastbound on I-80 in
Pennsylvania from Dubois to Milesburg under a high wind warning. I-80
in PA is a never ending series of up and down mountains. Winds were
southeast 25-35 mph with higher gusts so they would have been
quartering the trailer from the front as we traveled east.

I expected a white knuckle, wind battling trip but it never happened.
The trailer politely followed the truck with no sway. I even got off
the pedal going downhill as a tractor trailer passed me and the unit
never moved. The hitch was rather noisy at times but I'll trade the
noise for the lack of sway every day of the week. All in all, an
impressive performance on a rough towing day from a hitch that costs
2/3 as much as the dual cam unit from Reese.

I thank you for your thoughts on the subject,

Al Ries