Re: [A/S] Fridge Exhaust/Gas Leak

The test procedure was to open up both gas bottle
valves and turn on and operate all gas appliances.
Turn each appliance off by their normal operating
controls.  Close down the valves on both gas bottles.
At that point leave the trailer alone for at least
15-20 minutes, but a half hour is better.  After that
time has elapsed go to your stove and attempt to light
a burner.  You should be able to get at least 15
seconds of flame before the gas pressure in the system
is exhausted.  If you can't get a burner to light or
burn that long, you may have a leak.

Not a perfect test but I would assume that if you can
extend the wait time to an hour and then check, you
can probably feel pretty good about the system.

I used to have an inline tester on my old trailer that
had a little sight glass.  You pushed in a button on
the tester, turned on the gas bottle and watched the
bubbles.  If the bubbles stopped, your system was
tight, if the bubbles continued, it meant gas was
flowing through your system and probably leaking.

Jack