Re: [A/S] Do You Believe This Response from Airstream?

Hey Jack,

I flew up to Can-Am RV on the last weekend in June.  London, Ontario was
having the same, almost unbearable, humid heat wave as Connecticut.  I
stayed in the new Airstream 34' which has a 13500 BTU unit.  I went up there
to finalize choices for flooring, color of Avant Glide chair, and to decide
on several other customizations.  It was too hot for just the fantastic
fans.  I like to sleep with the air cold at home -- 65 - 68, especially when
it's humid.  Well, for what it's worth I turned the air to 65 and the place
got cold.  It took a while, and the unit ran constantly and I probably had
it lower than I needed, but I figured I would give it the acid test.  Now 2
days is no guarantee that it will hold up over the long haul, but the
performance was such that I think your unit is not up to par.  And I think
your idea of a comparison test of two units side by side is a good one.
Speak gently and politely, but don't stop until you're satisfied with the
resolution.  Perseverance prevails.

It might be useful to know that even with a limited edition there are flaws
throughout.  (The catalogue shows the limited with two units on it -- I was
surprized to see only one.)  We went through the unit and made a list of
everything that needed fixing.  Andy even notice right off the bat that the
spice rack was installed upside down!  My impression is that dealer service
is crucial to customer satisfaction.  Phil Sinewe recommended Andy and
Can-Am, and he did me a great service doing so.

A company in California is making me two stainless steel cages for my friend
Moonshine, a Congo Grey -- one for the 'stream and one for the back of the
Dodge.

Hope to have everything in place to start my new life in early September.
I'm registered for the fall Escapade in Lewisberg, WV.

See you all down the road.

all persuasions -- no violence,

                               george

mail to: georgedaneri@msn.com