Re: [A/S] Dodge 1500 with 318 and tow package.

Chris,
I think I noticed in an earlier posting that you said
you had a 3.73 rear end.  I have a '99 Chevy Express
with the trailer towing package and it has a 3.73 axle
with the 5.7 liter V8.  Its rated for 6500 lbs towing.
 If yours is only 5500 you probably are dealing with
the 3.4x?

My last trailer was about 4,800 lbs dry and I pulled
that with the Chevy to Estes Park last summer.  My 27'
Safari comes in about 5,510 dry.  Based on my towing
performance so far, I would probably go back to Estes
with it.

Jack