[A/S] Vintage Airstream A/Cs

 Jack:
I've been following the discussion on A/C units with a great deal of
interest.  As you may remember from previous posts, I live on the Left
Side of Missouri (KC) and we have had a very hot & muggy summer.
When I took my 69 Overlander in to the dealer in Grain Valley MO, I
thought my A/C was not working (turned out I have a substandard current
issue in my garage, not from my porch).  The dealer said he had it in
the bay at 90 degrees & 80% humidity outside & the temp inside
was 45 degrees.  This was shade, but very warm.  You could hang meat
inside there, from an original Armstrong roof A/C.  Bad news, when I
went to pick it up, the A/C suddenly quit ... needed a replacement 24V
starter/condenser, found used & installed for $300.  Moral of story:
Old Airstreams rock, but the parts are getting hard to find.  I found
this a better solution, for now, to a $900 new A/C unit
I guess I'll need one of those new, weakling A/C units someday, But I'm
really happy that my antique one works so well. In my backyard it drops
the 100 degree 80% swelter to 70 degrees with no discernible strain.
Amen on the swamp coolers, I did some time in Tucson during monsoon
season.. they were worthless over 40% humidity.

Jeff Miller
Cowtown USA
69 Overcooler
01 Durango