Re: [A/S] 1968 Cabinet/Bulkhead Finish

Ebert and all ...

Out of frustration I contacted a local supplier, Refinishing Supply Co. and
took them a sample of the age darkened original panels to color match a
stain for the new ash replacement panels. They guarantee a color match.

My next question concerns what to do about a finish coat after I get
everything stained the same color. The original panels appear to have an oil
finish -- one that has dried out. Do I apply a polyurethane coat on top of
the stain? I understand that I can control the sheen with 0000 steel wool
afterwards and I don't want any gloss.

Thanks for all the help.

Jim Greene